HP Officejet Pro 6968 How To Fax
To perform Fax operation on the HP 6978 printer, you have to do is to prepare the printer for HP Officejet Pro 6968 How To Fax.
- Get a telephone cord that provided with the printer package.
- Connect one end of it to a phone wall jack and the other end to the 1-LINE jack of the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer.
- If you have an answering machine, then get another telephone cord to connect the answering machine and the telephone receiver.
- After the connect setup, turn on your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer and start the fax operation.
- Windows users can use the Fax Setup Wizard software for performing the fax operation.
- Similarly, Mac users can use the Basic Fax Settings tool for Faxing.
- Set the Fax settings preferences such as Fax header, answer mode/auto answer, rings to answer, setting the ring type, and dial type.
- Finally, run the fax test to check the HP Officejet Pro 6968 How To Fax setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Fax Setup
- Prepare your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer for the fax setup.
- The components such as Two-wire phone cord, answering machine (if required), and a single-line telephone are required for fax setup.
- Follow the procedure given below to perform the HP Officejet Pro 6968 How To Fax setup.
- Unplug the telephone from the phone jack if connected.
- Now, plug a phone line splitter into the phone jack.
- Connect one end of the phone cord into the phone splitter and the other end to the line port or modem.
- In the open port of the DSL filter, plug one end of another phone cord. Plug the other end of the second phone cord to the 1-LINE port of the printer.
- Similarly, plug another end of the phone cord to the printer’s telephone answering machine (2-EXT) port.
- Connect the other end of the phone wire to the telephone answering machine if required.
- Now the connection setup is done.
- Turn on your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and run the Fax operation.
How Do I Send a Fax On a HP 6968
To perform a Fax operation on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, follow the instructions given below.
- First, inform the recipient that you are sending a fax through the phone line.
- Load a document you are faxing. You can load the document in ADF and or the scanner glass.
- Place the document into the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) as per the instructions.
- On the scanner glass, place the document facing down.
- Check if the paper tray is loaded with white or blank papers.
- Make sure that the phone line is not in use.
- From the printer’s control panel, dial the recipient’s fax number.
- Enter the area code, outside line access code, and the long distance country code when prompted.
- Touch the Send, Color, or Black button to send the fax.
- Once the fax is sent successfully, the printer prints the fax report.
- If a busy signal is heard while faxing, then try faxing.
How To Receive a Fax On HP Officejet Pro 6968
To receive a Fax on your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, follow the instructions given below.
- If you have done the fax setup correctly, then you can receive the incoming fax on your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Set the fax receiving setup in the Fax or Setup menus on the printer’s control panel or HP software.
- If you have connected the answering machine to the printer, then enable the Answer mode/Auto answer option.
- If the Answer mode/Auto answer option is disabled, then press the Fax or Black button on the printer’s control panel to receive the fax messages.
- If you need two-sided fax printing, then enable the Duplex Fax printing option on the printer’s control panel.
- If you want to save the fax message on your computer or email, then Run the Digital Fax setup tool on your system.
- To Run the Digital HP Officejet Pro 6968 How To Fax setup tool on your Windows, follow the instructions given below.
- Open HP Printer Assistant on Windows, click the Print, Scan & Fax tab, and select the Digital Setup Wizard.
- The Digital Fax setup feature is also available in the Solution Center. Open the Solution Center, click the Settings option, select Fax Settings --> More Fax Settings --> Digital Fax Setup.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the fax setup.
- Similarly to run Digital Fax setup on the Mac device, follow the instructions given below.
- Click the Finder menu to open it and tap Go.
- Click the Application option in the Finder menu.
- Select and open your HP printer folder in the application list.
- Double-click HP Utility followed by Fax Settings and select the Digital Fax Archive.
Troubleshooting For Fax HP Officejet Pro 6968
To troubleshoot Fax issues on the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer, follow the on-screen instructions given below.
- The common issues that occur during faxing are cannot send or receive the fax, fax quality is poor or unsatisfactory, or an error display.
- If you are unable to send the fax, then first print a fax test report. Press the Fax or Setup menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Click the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report option.
- Review the report and follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the HP Officejet Pro 6968 How To Fax issue.
- If the error continues, then redial the number and adjust the settings.
- Adjust the settings such as lower the fax speed, and turning off the Error Correction mode.
- Enable the error reporting option to alert you about the error.
- If the error continues, then check the phone line connection and confirm the fax setup.
- The additional troubleshooting methods to fix this issue are resetting the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer, checking the scanner bar functionality, and restoring the fax settings to default.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 6968 How To Fax error continues, contact the manufacturer.